Chinese Takeout Chicken & Broccoli
Servings 2 Servings
- 9.5 Oz Chicken Breast
- 1 Head Broccoli
- 1 Normal Carrot
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sauce
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/10 Tsp White Pepper
- 1/8 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 Tbsp Potato Starch
- Cut a small portion of a carrot. About 2". Cut about 8 oz of broccoli into florets. Cut a chicken breast into thin slices. Then slice chicken pieces at a 45 degree angle 1/8" think from the thinnest part to the thickest.
- Add the chicken to a bowl with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and 2 Tbsp water. Mix the chicken and let sit 15 minutes.
- Add in the corn starch and mix thoroughly. Add in 1/2 Tsp of oil and mix again
- In a small bowl combine Potato starch and 1 tbsp of water and stir.
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch the broccoli for 45 seconds, then remove it.
- In a Wok until its hot. Add in 2 1/2 Tbsp of oil. Add in the chicken and cook for 30 seconds on each side. Then stir fry the chicken for 45 seconds - 1 minute.
- Add the carrots and stir fry for about 30 seconds. Add the broccoli and stir fry for 20 - 30 seconds.
- Add in 3/4 cup of brown sauce and the potato starch slurry. Stir fry until the mixture has coated everything in the pan. Add 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
- Serve as is or on a bed of rice.
REQUIRES Brown Sauce recipe listed here: https://food.slamanna.com/recipe/chinese-takeout-brown-sauce/ [youtube https://youtu.be/6O9uHLb43xw] Recipe from here: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheArtOfCooking/videos