Chicken Pesto Pasta
Fresh, quick and easy! Loaded with chicken, asparagus, tomatoes and whole wheat pasta. Use homemade or store-bought pesto!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup basil pesto homemade or store-bought
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Place asparagus in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine. Place into oven and roast for 8-12 minutes, or until tender but crisp. Let cool before cutting into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook until golden, about 3-4 minutes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine asparagus, pasta, chicken, tomatoes and pesto.
- Place into meal prep containers, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Recipe from here: http://damndelicious.net/2017/08/14/chicken-pesto-pasta-meal-prep/