Chicken Fajita Lunch Bowls
Make these lunch bowls ahead of time and have your work lunches ready for the week!
Servings 4 People
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup basmati rice uncooked
- 2 bell peppers sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons red onion diced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Place the chicken breasts in a small baking dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Turn to coat.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn the chicken, then bake for another 10-15 minutes (depends on the size of your chicken breasts), until cooked through.
- Allow to rest for 10 more minutes before slicing.
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, bell peppers, red onion and corn.
- Shake together the vinaigrette and add to the bowl. Toss to coat everything completely.
- Divide amongst 4 lunch containers, topping with the chicken.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Recipe from here: https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/chicken-fajita-lunch-bowls/