Chicken Fajita Lunch Bowls
Make these lunch bowls ahead of time and have your work lunches ready for the week!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup basmati rice uncooked
- 2 bell peppers sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons red onion diced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Place the chicken breasts in a small baking dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Turn to coat.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn the chicken, then bake for another 10-15 minutes (depends on the size of your chicken breasts), until cooked through.
- Allow to rest for 10 more minutes before slicing.
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, bell peppers, red onion and corn.
- Shake together the vinaigrette and add to the bowl. Toss to coat everything completely.
- Divide amongst 4 lunch containers, topping with the chicken.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Recipe from here: https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/chicken-fajita-lunch-bowls/