Southern Sausage Gravy
Servings 5 People
- 1 Lb Bulk Breakfast Sausage Bob Evans Original preferred
- 1/2 Small Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Cups Hot Milk About 3 minutes on high in microwave
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley Chopped
- Heat a medium saucepan to melt butter.
- Gently sauté onion in melted butter until clear then turn up heat and add sausage, stirring until broken up and fully browned.
- Stir the flour into the cooked sausage and cook for about a minute.
- Add heated milk and continue to stir mixture until it just begins to boil and thicken, then reduce heat.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve on top of warm biscuits
Recipe came from my grandfather. He says it shouldn't take much salt but plenty of fresh ground black pepper is a must!