Garlicky Shrimp Alfredo Bake
Shrimp tossed in an easy from-scratch Alfredo and cooked penne and bake until you have cheesy goodness.
Servings 4 People
- 1 Box Penne
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Cloves garlic Minced
- 1 Lb Medium or Large Shrimp Peeled and Deveined
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan
- 2 Large Tomatoes Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook penne according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add garlic, shrimp, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Season with salt Cook until shrimp is pink and no longer opaque, 2 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to a plate. (Keep juices in skillet.)
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to skillet to let melt, then add flour and whisk until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add milk and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in 3/4 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return shrimp to skillet. Add tomatoes and cooked penne and toss until combined. (Add more milk if mixture is too thick.)
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parm and bake until melty, 5 to 7 minutes. Broil 2 to 3 more minutes until top is golden (watch it carefully so it doesn't burn!).
- Garnish with remaining tablespoon parsley and serve.
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifI_Q6iEWjY] Recipe copied from here: http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a46095/garlicky-alfredo-shrimp-bake-recipe/